DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital in Oakland County is committed to outstanding customer service and medical care. This hospital features the Harris Birthing Center with all private birthing suites, the Charach Cancer Treatment Center (affiliated with the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center), cardiac services, and comprehensive inpatient and outpatient diagnostic care. For emergency services, obstetrics and ambulatory surgery, Huron Valley-Sinai consistently ranks among the top hospitals in the nation.
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of neurodiagnostic studies which may include electroencephalogram (EEG) recordings, Evoked Potentials (EP) recordings including: Visual, Auditory, Somatosensory and Motor Evoked Potentials and nerve conduction studies.
â�¢ Performs Long Term Monitoring in the Neurotrama ICU units at multiple sites and Epilepsy Monitoring Units.
â�¢ Performs Wada Studies during angiography procedures, intra-operative monitoring (Electrocorticography), Motor and Sensory Braining Mapping with intracranial Grid Placement and 48-72 Hour Ambulatory EEG Monitoring(Set up and take down).
â�¢ Completes daily billing, report faxing and filing with database archiving and database management. Participates in subspecialty and assists in training technical personnel as needed.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of an electroneurodiagnostic technology program or Associates degree in scientific or medically related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong background in biological, physiological, psychological or computer sciences desired. Or two or more years of progressively more responsible work experience performing a variety of neurodiagnostic test.
3. Certificate in EEG or electroneurodiagnostic (END) technology from a technical or community college preferred.
4. Registration in a technical specialty (i.e., EEG, Evoked Potentials, etc) through a nationally recognized neurodiagnostic organization strongly preferred ( AAET,ABRET or equivalent).
5. BLS for Health Care Providers certification required.
6. Hospital experience preferred.
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
If Other Shift, Specify: on call hours will apply
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.