DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under direct supervision, and according to established procedures, observes and monitors assigned patient(s) behavior.
Provides safety interventions and basic self-care needs as needed while providing attention to specific patients' behavioral needs.
Accompanies patient(s) for clinical studies, documents pertinent data for observations and notifies appropriate nursing personnel when necessary.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Completion of a formal CPR course desirable.
1. Physical ability to regularly walk and stand; lift and move equipment as necessary; assist patients in repositioning, basic activities of daily living and reinforcement/adjustment of safety devices.
2. Analytical ability required to observe discrepancies in behaviors, equipment variances, and /or other quantitative or qualitative factors.
3. Communication skills required to gather/exchange information on factual matters, using ordinary courtesy and tact to effectively interact with patients, families, and a variety of hospital personnel.
4. Interpersonal skills required to provide calm verbal feedback to patients, redirect behavior and reinforce safety with patients.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.