This role will offer acute-level care to patients who are able to remain at home. The provider will work with hospital providers to determine eligibility, work with multidisciplinary teams to determine care delivery, and work with hospital administration for quality improvement.
Screen and enroll patients referred from inpatient and outpatient sources
Visit new patients in person and on-going patients virtually
Establish plan of care
Collaborate with attending physician, who oversees the care of patients
Escalate care to inpatient, skilled nursing, palliative as needed
Perform in-home diagnostics, medications, testing, and treatments as necessary
Ensure safe environment for patient's care
Communicate with patient, family, PCP, specialists, and integral members of patient's care
Cross-cover patients overnight as necessary
Collect data as necessary to evaluate the program for improvements
Attend H@H meetings to promote and grow the program
Skills / Abilities Required:
Independent to meet with patients in their environment (in-person or virtually)
Excellent oral and written communicator
Collaborative team player, who independently drives daily responsibilities
Willingness to offer ideas for improvement to program
Prioritize work in a dynamic environment
Flexible and comfortable to work in developing clinical environment
Creative problem solver
Quality Improvement and development of evidence-based protocols a plus
Acute inpatient experience preferred
The Division of General Internal Medicine and Public Health is committed to caring well for those who entrust their care to us and to improving community health. A large and diverse Division within the Department of Medicine, we are aligned along ten Sections that include Ambulatory Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Medicine-Pediatrics, Palliative Care, Occupational Health, Student Health, Veterans' Health, Concierge and Executive Health, Walk-in-Clinics, and Professional Health and Wellness. Collectively the sections support our tripartite pursuit of compassionate, patient-centered health care, rigorous training of the next generation of physicians and impactful discoveries.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.