Group Leader Medical Technology Hematology Lab Days FT
DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Internal Number: 2105037653
DMC University Laboratories (DMCUL) is a regional, integrated laboratory system providing services to the eight hospitals of Detroit Medical Center . DMC University Laboratories evolved in 1993 and is comprised of Core Laboratories, Specialty Laboratories, two rapid response hospital laboratories, Centralized Stat Lab, Centralized Blood Bank Lab, and full service outreach infrastructure which includes patient service centers, remote ambulatory laboratories, marketing staff, courier system and billing department. The DMC University Laboratories service area covers the entire Southeast Michiganmarket, and is growing at a rapid pace with the following outstanding features: Test menu of over 1,000 tests, which includes high end specialty tests. Less than 1% of our tests are sent to outside reference laboratories. Provide reference laboratory services to many of the other healthcare systems in Southeastern Michigan and several out of state facilities.
Under minimal supervision, processes and tests specimens; reviews and reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as resource to other laboratory personnel. Provides direction to other laboratory staff that may include medical laboratory technicians and technologists. Will provide input on staff evaluations as requested. Maintains a complete and up to date procedure manuals. Achieves ongoing compliance with regulatory agencies. In high volume core laboratories, will work in multiple departments/sections or multiple facilities within a market, as requested. Completes other duties assigned by laboratory supervisor or director. Will serve as point of care coordinator for non-laboratory tests, as requested.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR 493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491)..
2. Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire). Equivalency evaluation by ECE, NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel must be completed within 30 days of hire.
1. Ability to perform all duties as required of a Medical Technologist
2. Assists department management, in conjunction with human resources with corrective action and coaching of department employees. Provides input to management with preparation of performance evaluations and competency evaluations. Assists in the interviewing of new employees.
3. Ensures department employees possess the ability and knowledge to provide age appropriate care as mandated by DMC and department policies.
4. Has analytical abilities to gather and interpret data, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable and to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures.
5. Assists Department Management with the review and evaluation of current and new department policies, procedures, equipment and supplies.
6. Works to collaborate with all DMC personnel and departments to ensure effective lab operations to promote customer oriented relationships
7. Possesses communication and/or interpersonal skills using courtesy and effective listening for routine contacts with internal and some external customers/stakeholders in order to discuss pertinent information. Practices sound discretion and conflict resolution skills when making decisions. Reads and comprehends procedures and technical literature in specific functional area as necessary.
8. Assists the supervisor in promoting an engaged, safe and quality driven environment, by showing
respect for all employees, acting as a bridge between the staff and the supervisor, and monitoring and
notifying supervisor of any work environment issues that will negatively impact staff."
9. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
10. Oversight of the maintenance, operation, cleanliness and functioning of the lab equipment and supplies related to area of responsibility
11. Provides data collection and advanced data analysis. Performs special projects as assigned
Job: Laboratory and Clinical Technicians
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.