The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Worland is located within the Big Horn Basin and along the Big Horn River in beautiful Northwestern Wyoming. A community hub, Worland has a proud heritage of initiative, innovation and offers a wealth of recreational opportunities.
Washakie Medical Center is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse RN Coordinator in Worland, Wyoming. This position supports the clinical departments during their shift including the ED, OR, OB, ICU, Lab, Radiology, PT, and Respiratory. You will be expected to complete patient rounding, chart audits, and assigned projects and take patients when census or acuity is high. This position is 36-hours per week working nights from 6:30pm - 7:00am.
Should you have any questions, please contact Debbie Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-810-6347
With a 50-year tradition of quality caring, Washakie Medical Center in Worland, Wyo. is a 18-bed critical access hospital with "big city" capabilities. This includes a 64-slice CT scanner, 3D tomosynthesis mammography, 1.5 tesla MRI, Ultrasound, fluro, electronic medical records and a full service, state-of-the-art lab. Our trauma ED is staffed with full-time physicians and our surgery services include 24/7 CRNA coverage including OB epidurals, two general surgeons, orthopedic surgery, and ambulatory treatment. In addition, we provide a variety of wellness activities and feature an active rehab department.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning and staffing needs of the unit or department under the guidance and direction of the director. Provides leadership, positive role modeling and critical thinking skills to facilitate staff development. Serves as a liaison between all disciplines by effectively communicating, educating and problem solving. Proactively supports the quality and continuity of services throughout the healthcare systems. Assists in resolution of systems issues and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care, assists in evaluations, disciplinary and hiring functions and other duties under the direction of the director.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety and nursing standards and is a role model and resource person for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on unit/department.
2. Determines and directs staffing needs of unit/department on a shift-to-shift basis. Facilitates staff to patient ratios in a fiscally responsible manner under the direction of the director.
3. Coordinates, supports and facilitates continuity of care and communication between departments, institutions and across the continuum to ensure positive outcomes of patient care services.
4. Assists in oversight of staff and workflow of patients. Facilitates interdepartmental teamwork. Assists in the oversight of resource utilization for the department, including human, financial, equipment, supply resources.
5. Participates in evaluation process by giving input.
6. Contributes to society through activities that lead to excellent patient outcomes through timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and safe care. Actively participates in the improvement of national nursing quality indicators and outcomes. Such activities may include participating in professional organizations.
7. In some roles, this position may supervise staff.
8. Coordinates daily workflow for unit. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Assists with unit education and enforces unit/department policy/procedures and standards of care. This role is facility specific and has no ultimate responsibility for budgetary outcomes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice, temporary RN license in state of practice, or compact RN licensure for current state of practice. BLS certification is required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Experience in the clinical area for which he or she is applying is desired. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Registered Nurse in the specialty area.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Previous experience in a leadership role preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.