Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Gateway Medical Center's Surgery department consists of 12 Operating Rooms which includes 8 in the Main OR and 4 located at the Banner Gateway Surgery Center on campus. BGMC offers a wide range of surgical specialties serving a mostly adult population. BGMC supplies all surgical support to Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Our campus specializes in Oncologic, Bariatric, Robotic, General, Urology, GYN, Orthopedics and other specialties.
As a Specialty Tech (Anesthesia Tech) you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Surgery department! This position is full-time 40 hr/week day shifts, Monday-Friday 10:45am- 7:15pm with call and holiday requirements. Weekend rotations may be required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Experience innovative technology and exceptional opportunities for growth and development at Banner Health's state-of-the-art hospital Banner Gateway Medical Center. With comprehensive electronic medical records, physician order entry, digital radiography and proprietary advanced patient monitoring, Banner Gateway provides you with the innovative resources you need to provide your patients with the best care possible. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Located near Phoenix in Gilbert, Ariz., Banner Gateway Medical Center offers 176 private rooms, eight operating suites, a 37-bed emergency department and shares a campus with the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. Key specialties include oncology, obstetrics, bariatric surgery, emergency and other services that focus on meeting the changing needs of the dynamic and growing community we serve. About Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center Located in Gilbert, Ariz. (the Phoenix Metro area) on the Banner Gateway Campus, the center provides world-class care for oncology patients - both inpatient and outpatient - and has also brought leading oncology programs to the Banner Gateway campus including Stem Cell Transplantation and comprehensive Head & Neck cancer care. Our capabilities include five linear accelerator vaults, a brachytherapy vault, an advanced diagnostic imaging suite with PET/CT scan, more than 50 infusion bays, a cryopreservation lab and much more. Our inpatient medical oncology unit also incorporates a program that utilizes the electronic surveillance partnership in caring for the patient, where remote nurses have the ability to interact with patients via two way audio-video to assist the bedside nurse with patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to the surgical team by providing basic patient care and assistance as directed. Promotes patient safety by assuring safe functioning of OR specialty equipment during procedures and ensuring appropriate supplies are available.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a resource person in designated surgical specialty to ensure coordination of necessary instruments and equipment.
2. Maintains unit equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up; cleaning; performing basic troubleshooting of equipment; performing safety checks on equipment and specialty carts as directed, calibrates and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and maintain anesthesia specialty carts.
3. Tracks and monitors availability of equipment and instruments for procedures in collaboration with the members of the OR Team.
4. Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia and surgical supplies both in the OR and anesthesia work areas.
5. Assists with pulling supplies for cases, rotating inventory, and monitoring expiration dates.
6. Under the direction of the RN circulator, assists with basic patient care as requested. Practices aseptic technique per competency.
7. Performs functional tasks and utilizes equipment as delegated by a licensed professional. This may require additional specialized training provided by the department, consistent with demonstrated competency.
8. Assists with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Incumbents must be able to think critically and make quick decisions in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, anesthesiologists, RNs and other members of the multiple-disciplinary OR team.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification.
An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) skills, time management, problem solving ability, customer service and organizational skills.
Previous experience working with specialty instruments and equipment is strongly preferred. Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, and aseptic techniques are preferred. Previous experience in an acute care setting, preferably surgical services or specialty procedure area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.