Brand New, Franklin, TN, Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee, leading experts in Orthopaedic Surgery, Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine, is seeking a dynamic individual who possesses superior leadership, business, operational and personnel management skills to serve as the Administrator with a focus on business growth and strategic initiatives.
Develops and implements a strategic plan for facility; markets and performs public relations to current and potential physician utilizers; manages, plans, organizes, and directs all related functions and activities (internal and external); establishes and evaluates, goals, objectives, and standards of performance; develops operating policies and procedures; interprets policies, standards and regulations to the staff, patients, medical staff, and public. Achieves benchmark financial and clinical objectives as determined by Board of Managers and in cooperation with Regent Surgical Health leadership Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all activities of the facility according to its policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives. Participates in financial and cost-containment decisions and implements recommendations. Ensures that the facility meets all related local, state, federal, and accrediting-body rules and regulations.
Responsible for management of all aspects of the environment of care, personnel, materials/equipment, education of personnel, and administrative duties. Promotes a favorable image of the facility to physicians, patients, insurance companies, and the general public. May delegate duties as he or she deems necessary. Works in cooperation with Regent Surgical Health leadership for all aspects of center operations.
Duties, Responsibilities, Competencies :
1. Demonstrates the ability to communicate the center's mission, vision and values, as well as center goals, to all staff.
2. Provides leadership and guidance to other leaders and staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, and outcome achievement.
3. Defines performance objectives and metrics for the center
4. Assesses the level of competence of staff in a timely manner.
5. Demonstrates focused, organized and ongoing efforts to recruit and retain physician utilization through marketing and public relations efforts.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others.
7. Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
8. Collaborates with other centers to create systems and problem solve ongoing issues that impact center/organizational goals and/or patient care delivery.
9. Demonstrates fiscal accountability for center resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources.
10. Incorporates quality improvement data and/or patient satisfaction data into center goals.
11. Demonstrates a clear understanding of regulations applicable to patient care and/or other center functions.
12. Demonstrates responsibility for the center assets through appropriate asset management, protection, and coverage of all inventory, financial accounts, corporate documents, employee and credentialing files, financial records, and the like.
13. Assumes other duties as assigned.
1. RISE – The extent to which an employee demonstrates participation in the RISE Program
• Respect Caring - Demonstrating an awareness for compassion toward all stakeholders
• Integrity - Being true to what we say we believe in, doing what we say we will do and adhering to our commitments
• Stewardship - Responsibility to properly utilize and develop our people. Property and assets while fostering a safe and secure environment
• Efficiency - Appropriate identification, selection and management of all resources to ensure excellent clinical and financial outcomes
1. Business acumen: Ability to understand the enterprise as a whole and demonstrate unwavering conviction and understanding of the organization's direction.
2. Vision: Ability to shape and cultivate the organization culture and direction, anticipate pitfalls, department needs, and act on behalf of the organization's best interests.
3. Consensus Builder: Ability to demonstrate compassion without reservation, integrity, respect, confidence in self and others, generous with time, willingness to understand other perspectives, and invest if the development of other leaders.
4. Follow Though: Ability to perform at a high level by self-imposing standards of excellence, demonstrating initiative, accountability and responsibility
5. Motivator: Accepts ideas and help from co-workers to accomplish goals; encourages others to action, provides appropriate direction and opportunity for others to set and accomplish goals.
6. Personal development: commitment to seek continual self-improvement and growth; demonstrate self-awareness, enhance leadership skills in self and others.
ASC with strong orthopedic experience
High school graduate or GED certificate recipient
Completion of minimum of two years' advanced education (college level) in business, nursing, or healthcare administration
Evidence of leadership abilities
Strong ethical and moral character references
Language skills adequate for high-level written, interpersonal, and telephone communication in American English
RN with active license in appropriate state
Bachelor's or master's degree in nursing or healthcare administration
Strong knowledge of computers, word processing, and spreadsheets and email
Strongly recommend CASC certification and/or AORN Ambulatory Surgery Administrator Certificate.
Internal Number: BJIT
MedHQ is the only HR Staffing, Finance and Accounting business services company that specializes in the ASC market. MedHQ was launched in 2003 to help centers improve revenue, lower costs, and take time-consuming tasks off the plates of administrators, allowing them to focus on the high-value priorities of running and managing surgery centers.