One of the nationâ€™s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of Americaâ€™s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Midwest Center for Youth and Families is seeking a dynamic and talented Behavioral Health Worker
Midwest Center for Youth and Families opened its doors in 1997. Since then, we have been providing high quality care toÂ patients from across the country in our therapeutic residential facility. Our full immersion Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) program specializes in treating males and females, ages 10-20, with behavioral and mental health challenges.
Our unique residential DBT program gives hope to families who care for a loved one that has pervasive emotional, behavioral, or psychiatric challenges that impact their functioning at home, in school, and within the community. We will helpÂ patients andÂ their families understand how DBT can takeÂ them on a journey which creates a life worth living.
The Behavioral Health WorkerÂ carries out the daily routines of patient care under the direction of his/her supervisor.Â Participates in patient activities and provides for patient safety.
1. Actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of the Midwest Center for Youth and Families.
2. Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
3. Actively promotes customer service throughout Midwest Center for Youth and Families by practicing team building.
4. Meets all competency requirements annually.
5. Demonstrates commitment to Service Excellence program.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assists in the ongoing assessment of the safety and emotional needs of each patient.
2. Demonstrates awareness of the key elements of the treatment plans for all assigned patients.
3. Implements identified interventions to provide quality patient care to assigned patients based on age and developmental stage.
4. Participates in assigned groups/activities to meet the needs of various patient populations and/or diagnostic groups.
5. Maintains professional standards of preparation, performance, and attitude.
6. Follows unit programming.
7. Completes documentation as required.
8. Assists in transportation of patients to scheduled appointments/outings.
9. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the units.