Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(Per Diem, Days\) to work for Medical Oncology at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\. This position is accountable and responsible on a continuing basis for providing infusions \(including chemotherapy and biologic therapy\), blood products, and procedures to the ambulatory patient at the direction of a physician\.
In this position you will:
- Collects pertinent assessment data that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or healthcare tem members as applicable\.
- Evaluates patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing license
- Successful completion of the ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course
- Current BLS certification
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Oncology Certified Nurse
- \.IV Therapy certification
- Outpatient clinic experience
- Minimum of one year of current oncology, or infusion oncology nursing experience, preferably in an acute care facility
- Ability to operate, or learn to operate, current MTC equipment
About the Edmonds Campus\.
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes: 217 licensed beds 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 154111