Providence is calling a Resource Registered Nurse ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our OB Clinic, part of Providence Medical Institute, in Torrance, CA.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all your professional nursing experience.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for providing direct patient care in the clinic as well as facilitating patient care flow.
- Facilitate the workflow in the area by conducting nursing assessments, delegating service to and documentation.
- Contribute expertise in the areas of patient scheduling, telephone advice and pharmacy needs.
- Assist with maintaining compliance to professional nursing standards and regulatory requirements and will support physicians in delivering quality health care to patients taking into account the patients' individual physical or age-related needs.
- Perform all duties in a manner, which promotes team concept, caring and respect reflecting the philosophy of Sisters of Providence Mission.
- Uphold the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality.
- Work as a member of the clinical support/patient care team and directly interacts with clinic patients including LVN's, MA's and providers.
- Work with providers to ensure that an appropriate standard of care is provided.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current CA State Registered Nurse ( RN ) license.
- Current BLS-HCP – Basic Life Support – for Healthcare Providers – American Heart Association ( AHA ) or American Red Cross ( ARC ) – CPR / AED for Professional Rescuer accepted on hire until card expiration date.
- Minimum one year nursing experience in a clinic setting or two years of acute hospital nursing experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support ( ACLS ) certification
- Ambulatory experience
- OB experience
About the location you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinics/Medical Group
Req ID: 149998