Providence is calling a on call, day shift, Surgical Technician II - Ambulatory Surgery to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Ensure the functionality, availability and sterility of OR supplies and equipment prior to the start of the daily caseload.
- Scrub and handle instruments during surgical procedures.
- Demonstrate competence in performing scrub services for a variety of surgical procedures .
- Assist designated Specialty Coordinator in receiving and stocking supplies/equipment for a cluster of specialties.
- Report variations in stock inventory level(s) to designated Specialty Coordinator. Communicate opportunities for systems improvement to designated Specialty Coordinator.
- Participate in selected patient care activities such as room turnover and transporting as needed
Required qualification for this position include:
- Completion of approved Surgical Technician course
- Greater than five (5) up to ten (10) years' experience as Scrub Technologist
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association
- Able to scrub most procedures within the cluster without supervision and has working knowledge of equipment and instrumentation
- Medical terminology
- Proficient in P.C. software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate care
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) and/or Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA)
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Services
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 137696