Providence is calling a Clinical Specialty Nurse(RN) ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Endoscopy Center location in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provides direct, professional nursing care to patients who present urgent, emergency or potential health problems utilizing basic nursing principles.
- The Clinical Specialty Nurse's primary responsibility is to administer care activities for the patients of the primary care practice.
- This will include monitoring care processes and support primary clinical teams with these efforts.
- It will also include identifying the high acuity patient population and working more directly to ensure care coordination for this patient population.
- The Clinical Specialty Nurse behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values of Facey Medical Foundation.
- The Clinical Specialty Nurse will work with the Practice Manager and lead physician of the practice to develop this position to best serve the needs of the patient panel and the primary care teams.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 2 years of dedicated Endoscopy / GI lab experience to include moderate sedation, pre and post procedure experience.
- Graduate of a recognized Registered Nursing program.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the Americal Heart Association.
- Knowledge of UR/QA requirements, surgery scheduling knowledge and patient education skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills essential.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care of patients.
- Knowledge of examinations, diagnostic and treatment procedures, and medical equipment and instruments.
- Proficient computer skills – data entry, retrieval and report generation.
- Ability to work with a diverse patients/family population.
Preferred qualifications for this position include
- Ability to use good judgment and critical thinking skills; ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to apply guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, families, medical staff, and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with other team members.
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize, and is willing to invest in a change process to improve efficiencies.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey Medical Group is a multi-specialty medical group with over 160 physicians providing care to the growing population in the North & East regions of Los Angeles & Ventura Counties. Twelve medical clinics, including two urgent care centers and dedicated women's centers, are located across the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Simi Valleys. The group began as a single medical practice over 90 years ago.
Facey is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit 5-state network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, affiliated services and educational facilities spanning from California to Alaska.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 153529