- Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from an accredited college or university is required. (Must provide official transcripts at time of interview).
- A minimum of three (3) years of Registered Nurse (RN) clinical experience with at least one (1) year of ambulatory experience is required.
- Experience with telephone counseling or triage is required.
- Understanding of call center infrastructure and technologies is preferred.
- Discharge planning or case management experience is preferred.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position .
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, Are you a Military Veteran?
Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.