PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Operational Consultant in Ketchikan, Alaska!
PeaceHealth has a unique opportunity for an Operational Consultant within our Ketchikan Medical Group on a full time basis. This role will be responsible for facilitating overall process improvement efforts with periodic primary assignments on focused projects and implementation of new delivery methods.
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center has recently undergone a $60 million hospital and medical group renovation project; named one of the top critical access hospitals in the U.S.; has demonstrated exemplary performance in multiple areas including surgical care, pneumonia, and heart failure; employs 25 physicians and advance practice clinicians. PeaceHealth Medical Group, was the only recipient in Alaska of a CMS HCIA and TCPi grant award.
The ideal candidate will have these skills:
- Works collaboratively with VPs, Directors and Managers, the Associate Medical Directors, support service departments and physicians contributing to effective and efficient processes to support the delivery of an exceptional patient experience and operational improvements within the group practice.
- Collaborates with appropriate clinical and operational leaders to support business plans and appropriate decision making process for program development and expansion, incorporating lean principles and evidenced based business and/or care practices as applicable.
- Facilitates and manages the implementation/monitoring of programs to maximize access, disease management, compliance and hardwiring processes for effective/efficient/consistent implementation and execution within operations.
- Uses standardized methodologies within network to support the evaluation performance of services and initiatives, keeping leaders informed on those findings and suggesting strategies to improve upon current performance. Completes high level project management on assigned projects.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or health-care related field; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in ambulatory care environment.
- Experience should include process improvement, project management, systems redesign, quality measurement, data analysis and reporting, data integrity, team-based improvement, improvement training, and team facilitation.
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws governing physician employment and payment preferred.
Ketchikan, Alaska is the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing or kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too! Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long! Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus. Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!!
Thank you for your interest!
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan, AK community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is an EEO Affirmative Action Race/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Veteran/Disability Employer.