| This Facilities Management and Construction clinical position works with several departments within AMSURG to develop, renovate and relocate ambulatory surgery centers using clinical knowledge related to day-to-day operations. |
• Works with FMC construction lead and AMSURG operations team to define the scope of construction projects, including the furniture, equipment and IT needs of the facility being developed or renovated. Communicates those needs to the outside design team.
• Works with the FMC construction lead, architect and engineers by providing clinical input into the design of the ASC.
• Prepares and oversees the furniture, equipment and IT budgets.
• Works closely with AMSURG Licensure & Certification staff to ensure timely filing of applications for State licensure, CMS certification, DEA, Board of Pharmacy, CDS, CLIA, etc.
• Oversees equipment purchases with equipment planner. Tracks all expenses within the equipment budget, i.e., medical and office equipment, furniture, IT, etc.
• Works with Center Leader and AMSURG operations team on ordering of initial inventory of medical instruments, supplies and pharmaceuticals on de novo and satellite construction projects.
• Ensures the ASC is ready for initial State & Medicare inspections by assisting the Center Leader on construction projects.
• Coordinates with the contractor on installation of fixed medical equipment.
• Coordinates with Center Leader on medical equipment delivery and set-up.
• Facilitates design review with applicable State agencies.
• Facilitates on-site surveys with applicable State and Federal agencies.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101), Healthcare Facilities (NFPA 99) and other NFPA codes applicable to the design of ASCs and the inspection and testing of ASC building systems.
• Maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of FGI Guidelines for Healthcare Facilities and ability to work with architects and engineers during the design and construction of an ASC.
Regular and reliable attendance required.
Successful candidate will pass a background check and drug screen.