Founded in 1978, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS*) is one of the nation’s largest and most respected healthcare management companies. UHS subsidiaries own and operate 235 acute care and behavioral health facilities and surgery centers in 37 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom, and employ more than 74,000 people.
UHS’s business strategy is to continue to grow by building or purchasing healthcare facilities across the country, while continuing to strengthen UHS’s well-reputed franchise with its customary exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success is driven by a service philosophy based on integrity, competence, compassion, and a responsive management style. UHS is seeking an E-Learning Application Manager in King of Prussia, PA.
The E-Learning Application Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Learning Management System (LMS) is working effectively and within standards, policies and procedures. Successful candidate will manage the design, development and implementation of e-learning applications and courseware that support business and clinical objective, help set the strategic direction for e-learning and work in close partnership with both internal and external teams to partner on the design, development and deployment of e-learning courses/curriculum to e-learning users and oversee the development of web-based course materials as well as the conversion of existing content into a web format in a cost effective and timely manner.
Essential Job Duties:
Manage UHS' LMS to be able to respond, adapt and serve the needs of the company. Work with the user community to identify, define and investigate training and process or application changes that will support the organizational goals through the effective use of e-learning technologies. Develop, implement or modify application or process changes based on the needs of the user community, and address as the as the needs of UHS' overall technology strategy dictate. Coordinate with external LMS partner and users to ensure all LMS related issues are addressed.
Develop, manage and execute on the strategic, operational and technological direction of the e-learning initiative. Align e-learning with operational, organizational and business goals to develop an integrated learning technology vision and strategic roadmap. Actively manage existing high value external content partnerships, and assess future content needs that may be addressed through external partnerships, as overall strategy dictates.
Work with clinical teams to align their certifications, recertification and other regulatory requirements with the services e-learning supplies to users. Ensure guidelines are followed and met while making adjustments as necessary.
Oversee all budget and expenses for the e-learning initiative. Create and maintain accurate metrics for e-learning, including trend and historical analyses.
Implement, build, support, train and maintain the LMS and manage learner data and learner profiles.
Maintain data integrity rules and processes.
Provide periodic updates to management and senior management as requested regarding statistics on usage, program development initiatives and enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 year's experience required Master's degree preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Solid interpersonal skill and ability to work well with people of all levels of expertise both within and outside the organization. Strong customer service orientation.
- Creative, innovative and flexible in using instructional design methodology as it applies to delivering web-based training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a solid understanding of:
- Web (application, reporting, database, and email) technologies
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Instructional design methodology
- Training needs
- Working knowledge of adult learning theory and experience applying this theoretical knowledge to develop instructional programs with real life application that are delivered through technology and web-based learning.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail ability to prioritize amongst multiple projects, demands and deadline.
- Position typically requires up to 20% overnight travel.
This opportunity provides a rewarding career, challenging and rewarding work environment as well as growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries, including competitive compensation, excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan, and 401k with company match.
To learn more about Universal Health Services, or apply please visit:
Or contact Anne Martorana, Recruitment Program Manager, email@example.com
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V