NYU Langone is one of the nation’s premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children’s Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Exercise Physiologist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating, developing and implementing individual and/or group programs for CMC’s Sports Performance Center clients.
Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s mission and core values and incorporates them into the performance of duties at the CMC.
Performs initial assessment of exercise needs for both clinical and athletic client populations. Reviews client’s medical, social and psychological information and applies information to the clients training plan.
Implements evidenced based exercise, fitness and sports specific training programs. Monitors clients progress, compliance and response to exercise and fitness programs. Sets appropriate and measurable short and long term goals for the client
Selects exercises that are individually based and is able to effectively instruct clients on proper performance of them. Demonstrates to the client proper use of exercise equipment.
- Responsible for meeting unit productivity standards. Completes all required documentation for client care and charge submission.
- Gathers statistics, i.e., patient’s demographics, test results, develops data bank and compiles information for research purposes. Assists in the development of research protocols.
- Checks exercise monitoring and testing equipment on weekly basis. Notifies the appropriate senior staff member when equipment is damaged, missing, or in need of repair.
- Assumes additional responsibilities in the organizational and structural needs of the assigned unit.
- Utilizes in- service programs, conferences, and consultations to enhance current levels of skills and knowledge. Keeps current in the field of exercise physiology. Maintains certification up to date. Designs and follows a personal plan of development in professional areas. Attends weekly staff meetings as schedule permits.
- Able to adapt to utilizing advanced technology such as: 3D motion analysis, surface EMG, Alter-G, KVest, and Parvo metabolic systems.
- Participates in clinical education of volunteers and students as appropriate.
- Raises awareness and promotes the benefits of exercise and healthy lifestyle in collaboration with other healthcare providers.
- Promotes CMC Sports Performance Center services to clients both within the NYU Langone community and outside.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates appropriate professionalism during job performance.
- Adheres to all departmental procedures and policies. Respects the patient’s right to confidentiality at all times. Maintains a good working rapport with all Medical Center staff, physicians, and other departments that require frequent interaction and coordination of efforts. Greets and interacts with patients, their families, and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner.