ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III/MEDICAL STAFF SERVICES
Job Number: 00119973
Job Posting: Feb 9, 2017, 3:51:11 PM
Closing Date: Feb 24, 2017, 12:59:00 AM Full-time Shift Start Time: 8:30 A.M. Shift End Time: 4:30 P.M.
Collective Bargaining Unit: RWDSU Local 200 Admin Assistants BHS Posting Salary: $24.558 HOURLY
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital
Medical Staff Services
1901 West Harrison St.
Chicago, IL 60612
The primary responsibility of this position is coordinating and processing health physician and non-physician's appointments and reappointments, in accordance with department policies and procedures, for physician's and other practitioners located at all Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) affiliates including: John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital, Provident Hospital, the Ambulatory Healthcare Network including Oak Forest Health Center, Cook County Department of Public Health, Ruth Rothstein CORE Center and the Cermak Correctional Health Services. This position adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Ensures the completeness of the initial and reappointment process by conducting primary source verification as applicable for licensure, education, training, affiliations, board certifications, hospital affiliations, and malpractice history.
- Completes provider enrollment as CCHHS managed care initiatives expand.
- Logs, scans, and processes a variety of transactions related to credentialing timeframes and follow-up for statistical reporting on behalf of the CCHHS and assigned areas.
- Prepares completed credentialing applications and reapplications for department and division recommendations.
- Assists with development of medical staff Credential Committee agendas and conducts all required follow-up from Credential Committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Develops and maintains a current knowledge base in the area of Medical Staff Services and its relationship within the hospital's organizational structure and to outside agencies.
- Participates in data collection and department performance improvement initiatives, including audits, and focus on ongoing performance evaluations as directed by Credentials and Medical Executive Committees.
- Performs data entry and conducts electronic processes as required for the Morrisey credentialing system.
- Assigns provider privileges, as approved by the governing body, into the Morrisey's MSO for the Web (MSOW) privilege module.
- Reviews credentialing files to assure compliance with accreditation and regulatory requirements (Illinois Department of Public Health, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, The Joint Commission, National Committee for Quality Assurance) related to Medical Staff credentialing and competence of assessment of privileged practitioners.
- Processes medical staff status and privilege changes in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Collects and tracks reappointment late fees in accordance with Medical Executive Committee policies.
- Participates in regulatory and accreditation surveys across CCHHS.
- Provides customer service to professional applicants, department and medical staff committee chairs, hospital administrators, and support staff as related to the area of responsibility and to ensure effective communication.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Medical Staff Services Director and on behalf of the CCHHS medical staff.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, administrators, and CCHHS departments/staff throughout the health system.
- Demonstration of the utmost professionalism to multiple internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and determine work priorities.
- Ability to learn and implement medical staff services policies and procedures, as well as accrediting and regulatory standards.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospital System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To Take advantage of the preference a Veteran must:
- Meet minimum qualifications for the position
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering "Yes" to the question, "Are you a Military Veteran?"
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215, or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation) at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD 214's, DD 215's, or NGB 22's, please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department or Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list an Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver's License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER'S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH AND HOSPITALS SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.