One of the nation's largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America's Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Recovery Center's treatment program is for men and women, 18 years and older, who are struggling with substance abuse and problem gambling. Our program is designed for those in search of a Christian or spiritual 12-step program; those who struggle with relapse or dual diagnosis; and for individuals looking for a nurturing, safe environment to begin a new life in recovery. We recognize that each client may be in different stages with regard to spirituality and we commit to meet each client at their point of need. The Recovery Center provides all the services below to help you or a loved one get on the road to recovery.
This position provides transportation of patients to and from the facility providing continuous observation, interaction, and role modeling to the patients while maintaining safety at all times.
1. Provide transportation for patients to and from the facility.
2. Report all van maintenance problems to the Transportation Coordinator Operations.
3. Responsible for the van log ensuring that the address and phone numbers are updated.
4. Communicate and consult with the Transportation Coord. and other staff members regarding patient care issues and information.
5. Maintain a clean environment for patients at all times.
6. Demonstrate responsibility and sound judgment regarding patient safety.
7. Participate in the therapeutic relationship with patients, as required.
8. Address patients, visitors, and co-workers in a pleasant and respectful manner.
9. Adhere to facility, department, corporate, personnel and standard policies and procedures.
10. Attend all mandatory facility inservices and staff development activities as scheduled.
11. Adhere to facility standards concerning conduct, dress, attendance and punctuality.
12. Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
13. Maintain confidentiality of facility employees and patient information.