Job Summary/Purpose: Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Surgery Center. Reports directly to the Executive Committee Management Liaison. Plans, develops, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the center, except those directly involved in professional medical judgment, within the policies and parameters established, and authority delegated by the Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center Executive Committee. The Administrative Director ensures the compliance of VBASC with all regulatory, licensure and accreditation agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: MBA or Masters in Health Services Administration (MHSA) required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three years in management experience in the ambulatory surgery setting.
LICENSURE: RN preferred
OTHER: Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills, leadership and strategic planning skills, operations management, financial management and budgets, and effective human resource management.
COLLABORATION & TEAMWORK:
- Collaborates with cross-department/cross-divisional teams to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates Learning Agility. Seeks feedback and looks for opportunities to improve performance.
- Demonstrates accountability.
- Is Self-aware. Uses appropriate self-expression and effective interpersonal skills.
- Builds trust and influences action.
- Serves as positive role model.
- Understands and uses appropriate conflict style to address situation.
- Demonstrates Work/Life Balance.
LEADERSHIP: - Creates vision and fosters buy-in.
- Sets strategy-aligned goals for the team.
- Develops people and intentionally develops successor(s).
- Uses effective strategy and leadership style to facilitate change.
- Possesses balanced view of self.
- Creates a culture of innovation.
- Uses experience to develop personal and market insight.
FINANCE & OPERATION:
- Has strong understanding of business operations and demonstrates business acumen.
- Able to understand and discuss (Team/department/division/organization) performance relative to goals and able to take appropriate action to ensure results are achieved.
- Able to break down complex problems into manageable tasks for action plan implementation.
- Takes initiative and executes independently.
- Uses Critical Thinking in Decision Making: Seeks advice to clarify and understand issues, makes decisions based upon data, presents conclusions appropriately, makes decisions while considering long term impact and self corrects ineffective solutions.
1.It is the policy of the Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center (“VBASC”) that the Administrative Director, under the direction of the Executive Committee, is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Center. The Administrative Director reports directly to the Executive Committee Management Liaison, who will conduct annual performance reviews.
2. The Administrative Director plans, develops, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the Center, except those directly involved in professional medical judgment, within the policies and parameters established, and authority delegated by the Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center Executive Committee. The Administrative Director ensures the compliance of VBASC with all regulatory, licensure and accreditation agencies.
3.The Administrative Director is responsible for the Risk Management Program.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES shall include, but may not be limited to:
- Determines, formulates, and recommends adoption of policies necessary or advisable for the proper and satisfactory administration of the day-to-day operations and activities of the Center.
- Determines, promulgates and implements general operating and administrative procedures required to implement basic policies established by the Center.
- Oversees the development of long range and marketing plans for the Center and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Furnishes required information regarding the status and results of the operations and activities of VBASC including but not limited to financial performance, quality improvement and other relevant matters on an as needed, monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis.
- Ensures that effective systems of control are maintained by VBASC.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local and accreditation agency requirements.
- Assumes responsibility of the financial and business functions of VBASC including, but not limited to, overseeing the annual budget, the maintenance of records, purchasing, third party payer contracting and financial reporting as required.
- Maintains qualified personnel for VBASC including overseeing the selection, placement, orientation and management of competent personnel.
- Responsible for Human Resources management, including development and maintenance of policies and procedures, wage and benefit administration and statutory compliance.
- Represents VBASC, when appropriate, in contacts with other medical groups, health systems, civic, governmental and general business and medical contacts.
- Maintains as necessary liaison with Sentara Healthcare support services and entities.
- Continuously seeks to enhance knowledge of current and future business changes and advancements that could affect the Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center.
Internal Number: 1092856
About Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center
The Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center (VBASC) is a multi-specialty outpatient surgery center, located on the campus of Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital. VBASC has served the surgical needs of the Virginia Beach community since 1989 and is a joint venture ambulatory surgery center owned by physician partners and Sentara Healthcare.
VBASC has four fully equipped state-of-the-art Operating Rooms. The center serves the specialties of orthopedics, otolaryngology, podiatry, urology, gynecology, plastic and general surgery. VBASC is licensed by the Virginia Department of Health, certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and is accredited by the Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).
Sentara Healthcare is a fully integrated, not-for-profit health care system with locations in Hampton Roads, Northern Virginia, Blue Ridge, and Southern regions of Virginia as well as locations in Northeastern North Carolina. The Sentara Healthcare System consists of twelve acute care hospitals, nursing and assisted living centers, outpatient campuses, advanced imaging centers, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, home health and hosp...ice services, a 3,800-provider medical staff and four medical groups. In addition, Sentara provides medical transport ambulance services (including ground and the Nightingale air ambulance), and we extend health insurance to 445,000 people through Optima Health, our health plan. There are over 27,000 members of the Sentara team.